Sunday, April 22, 2012

Goodwill Steal

{awesome after}
 Shame on me: I didn't think to properly document my latest DIY project. Regardless, I have to say, I am pretty darn proud of the way it turned out. I recently made the move from a basement 'apartment' in suburbia to the quaint, bustling streets of a metropolis.

{before}
It was a hassle moving all of my belongings to the third floor of a shared house. But the only furniture I had was my bed--I'd need to buy everything else! Luckily, K and I had found a desk at the local Goodwill. It was one of the first pieces we looked at and I was indecisive. To my delight, when we went back the next morning the desk had been marked down $20, making a $45 steal. It was big, ugly, and the vision in my mind for it was completely awesome. I was sold.



With a little help from a coworker, some gold, oil-based paint (note: do NOT get on floors, you won't be able to get it off, trust me!), one coat of gray paint and two coats of pink, my ugly Goodwill desk was looking pretty fabulous. Just another addition, that is slowly, but surely making my attic sized bedroom my space.

No comments:

Post a Comment